London and Lyla will both be starting school this month. London is continuing in his program for another year and Lyla is starting preschool! She is beyond excited. She'll only be going three days a week for half the day, but it will be so fun for her to learn and grow and make new friends.
I'm looking forward to having a few free hours during the week to myself! I may even get in a nap! haha...
Nathan's still working in the same place. He's pretty happy and it's going well. I've been trying to persuade him to go for his PhD. I think he will if his work will pay for it. He's so good at school, he might as well go all the way!
I'm doing well at home with the kids. I can't even explain how happy I am that I get to stay home with them. We do a lot of activities together and have a great time learning and playing. In my spare time I love to work on my ancestry tree. I've gotten pretty far on some parts but others are still missing. It's been so fun and I love to learn about my family's history. My Uncle Chuck kindly sent me a box of my Grandpa's photo albums and various other documents. I've been working on scanning those in the computer and filling in the pieces to my tree. My Grandma on my mom's side also gave me some pictures and other books and documents. I love having these items to take care of and preserve - my family's ancestry is very important to me.
I've also been learning how to sew. That's been interesting! It's not my strong suit, but thankfully Nathan has been able to help.
My sister-in-law Emily is pregnant with a boy, due in October, and Nathan and I can't wait to be an Aunt and Uncle again! It will be our first time having a nephew! I am so beyond excited!
I don't know if I've ever mentioned our church before and if I haven't I can't imagine why because we really love it. It's called Sagebrush and it's on the west side. The pastor is Todd Cook, who Nathan and I had a youth pastor while we went to Hoffmantown throughout middle and high school. The church is really awesome and has campuses all over the state and the world! My parents are also very involved in the church. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful place to go to feed my soul. They do a lot of serving in the community and I've been able to be a part of a few of those missions as well. It's been so rewarding and a lot of fun.
That's about all the news here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
- Tara
- Albuquerque, NM, United States
- I am a proud mother of twins, a wife, and an 'all things girly' enthusiast. www.pinupkitt3n.blogspot.com will be more about me and my personal hobbies/interests; vintage, shopping, baking, dancing, makeup, etc. If you'd like a glimpse into my family life, please visit my other blog - www.elliottwins.blogspot.com. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.