Tuesday, January 27, 2009

3rd Ultrasound: Hula girl

Our third ultrasound was with Perinatal Associates. I was 13 weeks then. Along with seeing a regular OBGYN, we have to see a Perinatalogist due to our pregnancy being high risk. It's labeled as high risk since we are carrying multiples. I'll post a separate blog about twin pregnancy specifics for those of you who are curious.

We first met with a Genetics Counselor who took our family medical history. She assessed our situation to be healthy, with very minimal risks. We were offered an NT scan which measures the back folds of the babies' neck to show signs of Downs Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities. We decided to do the scan, and so far the results are great.

We also got to hear the heartbeats, and that was such a fantastic sound! Baby A's heart rate was 149bpm and Baby B's was 140bpm. The doctor said that was great. Baby A was in a great position for the doctor to take all the measurements. Baby B had its back to the camera and did want want to pose for any pictures. The doctor told me to do the "hula" in which I motion like I was doing a hula hoop. I laid back on the table after my hula dance and sure enough, Baby B had turned towards the camera to get the measurements done. They are both growing right on track!

Week 12 Week 12 Week 12 Week 12 Week 12 Heartbeats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


About Us

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I am a proud mother of twins, a wife, and an 'all things girly' enthusiast. www.pinupkitt3n.blogspot.com will be more about me and my personal hobbies/interests; vintage, shopping, baking, dancing, makeup, etc. If you'd like a glimpse into my family life, please visit my other blog - www.elliottwins.blogspot.com. :)