Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Facts on Twin Pregnancy

I guess I should mention that we are having fraternal twins.

This article below has a lot of good information that is right to the point about twin pregnancy and what that means for me as mom. The big risks are high blood pressure, which thankfully I'm starting with ultra low bp (if it hits 100/15 that's good for me), so I should be ok there.

Also, anemia is a big side effect of carrying twins. I do have anemia, and always have since I was younger. I take care of this with daily prenatals, folic acid, and of course an iron pill.

Other than that, preterm labor is always a factor. Twins are commonly born a couple weeks or so early. They are usually just as healthy as someone who went full term. In fact, it's less than 5% that preterm twin babies have trouble.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/twin-pregnancy/PR00120

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


About Us

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I am a proud mother of twins, a wife, and an 'all things girly' enthusiast. www.pinupkitt3n.blogspot.com will be more about me and my personal hobbies/interests; vintage, shopping, baking, dancing, makeup, etc. If you'd like a glimpse into my family life, please visit my other blog - www.elliottwins.blogspot.com. :)