Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Halloween - Not so scary afterall!

Well, it was 8:00AM on Halloween, and I couldn't stand the wait any longer! Not because it's Halloween, even though we all know that this is by far my FAVORITE holiday. But for a much more important reason!

I rushed to the hospital to get my blood drawn to see if I'm pregnant. At that point I felt like I was. If I wasn't, I couldn't explain the 5 gallons of orange juice I had just consumed. Not to mention the chocolate bar that sounded like the perfect companion to the OJ.

I got back from the hospital, and waited very impatiently. Why was it taking so long?! It had been 10 minutes, shouldn't they have sent the results to my doctor, who had received them, looked them over, and then looked up my information to call me? I mean really, 10 minutes is plenty of time!

So, 4 hours later...I called my doctor for the umpteenth time, and to my great relief they had the results......................."Well?!?!" I screamed in my head as the poor nurse on the line took too long to spit it out. "It's positive!" she said! I was sooooo excited!!!! She proceeded to give me my HCG level. To many of you this will make no sense at all, and you probably don't care. But the HCG is the hormone level of human chorionic gonadotrophins the body produces to support a pregnancy. Lets just say my number was high. I was thinking there could be more than one in there at this point, but I was more focused on the fact that there was one at all!

I crept to the back bedroom where Nathan was still sleeping (yes, it's about 12PM by now). I took a pregnancy stick into the bathroom with me so that I had something of tangible proof to show him. I woke him up by showing him the stick that said "PREGNANT" and a big smile on my face. He was so happy!! We both just sat there talking about how exciting this was going to be and when we should tell everyone. I'll never forget how special it was.

I knew Halloween was my favorite holiday for a reason, and now I know what that reason is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


About Us

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I am a proud mother of twins, a wife, and an 'all things girly' enthusiast. www.pinupkitt3n.blogspot.com will be more about me and my personal hobbies/interests; vintage, shopping, baking, dancing, makeup, etc. If you'd like a glimpse into my family life, please visit my other blog - www.elliottwins.blogspot.com. :)